2017 Merchandise Sneak Peek
The Professional staff recently attended the Annual PGA of BC Buying Show in preparation of stocking the Pro Shop for both Christmas and the 2017 golf season. The Richmond Oval was host to numerous vendors displaying the latest in golf equipment, soft goods and just about everything golf related. The team had a great time viewing the new lines from our familar brands, as well as seeking out hot new products.
With so many products to choose from, we’ve each narrowed it down to the Top 3 Items we’re most excited to have land in the KGCC Pro Shop.
1. Titleist 917 Driver – It’s the first Titleist driver yet to feature adjustable weighting. You can basically change the Sure-Fit CG sleeve to tweak ball flight characteristics. Essentially, it allows for adjustments to the Centre of Gravity of the club, plus there are also plenty of stock-shaft options for all player types.
2. Footjoy Pro/SL Golf Shoe – Not only is it a very good looking shoe, it’s also very light, waterproof and stable. I was amazed at how rigid the shoe felt while also being very light (certainly a tough combination to achieve in footwear). It’s also spikeless, but it seems to have some very good tread on the bottom that looks to be extremely durable. Here’s what Footjoy says about it “PRO SL men’s golf shoes provide superior feel with Fine Tuned Foam (FTF) for supple cushioning and a perimeter weighted outsole design for superior stability. FJ, The #1 Shoe in Golf.” I predict this shoe is going to be a HOT seller!
3. Sun Bum Sunscreen – The big gorilla merchandising display caught my attention and then the products themselves hooked me from there. They offer both a lotion and spray bottle options as well as a lip balm with SPF protection. A little note about Sun Bum, they are approved and recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation which has very strict standards to adhere by in terms of product quality and skin protection.
1. Golf Board – It’s awesome! They are going to turn some heads for sure and I know people are going to love them. It’s a motorized surfing style board on wheels perfect for golf. We’re working on the details, stay tuned for more info!
2. Cobra One Length Irons – Bryson DeChambeau plays a one length iron and now Cobra has brought them mainstream. Each iron is exactly the same length so you don’t need to adjust your distance from the ball or your ball position. As a tall guy, I’m looking forward to trying these especially with the short irons.
3. Greg Norman Apparel – The Shark is back! The line for both men’s and ladies’ wear looks sharp. Ladies will see two different collections of tops and bottoms as well as coordinating accessories. The men’s line features classic golf shirts, the signature shark motif and of course the return of the straw hat.
1. Cleveland Ladies Sand Wedge – Every lady needs a good sand wedge in their bag and Cleveland delivers on this one. It combines the latest in spin technology with the specs a lady golfer needs.
2. Black Clover Ladies Headwear – This hat caught my eye immediately. I love the subtle bling, fun styling plus they have adjustable sizing for a good fit. The men’s Black Clover hats were great this season and the ladies options are going to be a strong addition. I’ll be getting one of these for sure!
3. Zero Friction Gloves – These are one size fits most golf gloves. I love this idea – especially for junior golfers. A lycra mesh surrounds the all-weather synthetic patches and uses a compression fit to mold perfectly to the size of your hand. Not only are these gloves functional and comfortable, but they come in a full array of colours.
This is just a small sampling of what we’re excited to order for the KGCC Pro Shop. Select products will also be arriving in November for Christmas shopping, including some amazing gifties from US Kids Golf, KGCC glassware as well as 2UNDR underwear. We also just unpacked a new shipment of Travis Mathew tees and hats!