In March 1914, a group of fifty residents gathered in Kamloops with the intent to organize and build a golf course for the enjoyment of the local residents. At the outset, the club was allowed the free use of a parcel of land owned by Alfred W. Johnson at the south end of the present Hillside Cemetery on Notre Dame Drive. May 1, 1914 was set aside as the official opening ceremony of the Kamloops Golf Club (KGC). By 1929 the KGC was in a financial position to purchase the land.
In 1946 the KGC had outgrown the Notre Dame Drive location and they negotiated an agreement with the City of Kamloops to sell the Notre Dame property. The new location of the KGC was a parcel of leased land adjoining Fulton Field where a nine-hole, sand green layout, was prepared. In April of 1950, the KGC exercised its option to buy the 171 acre Brocklehurst property from the City.
On July 16, 1953 the status of the Kamloops Golf & Country Club (KGCC) was changed from a non-profit society to a corporation. In March of 1953, the KGCC sold a portion of their property to a refinery operator from Calgary, Alberta. In 1967 the back nine was constructed to complete the eighteen-hole course. From 1967 to 2009, there were a number of minor enhancements but the basic course layout did not change.
In 2007, the Board of Directors wanted to enhance the playing conditions on the golf course and contacted golf course architect Ted Locke to provide options. After much preparation and an ergonomic assessment of the golf course for irrigation, managing the effluent water source, fairway renovation recommendations and rerouting of golf holes to better utilize existing space and the practice facility, the renovation commenced. On September 7, 2009 the back nine was closed and the front nine followed on October 6, 2009. The back nine re-opened July 1, 2010 and the front nine followed on July 31, 2010.